Raising concerns and resolving complaints
From time to time parents, and others connected with the school, will become aware of matters which cause them concern.
With regard to worries and concerns about pupils, the first point of call is always the child's class teacher, who will do their very best to resolve any issues. We always hope to resolve any complaints and concerns informally.
If this is not possible, to encourage resolution of such situations the Governing Body has adopted a “Complaints Procedure”.
The procedure is devised with the intention that it will:
- Usually be possible to resolve problems by informal means
- Be simple to use and understand
- Be non-adversarial
- Provide confidentiality
- Allow problems to be handled swiftly
- Address all the points at issue
- Inform future practice so that the problem is unlikely to recur.
Full details of the procedure is attached below and may also be obtained from the School Office.