School Offer of SEN Provision
What is the Local Offer?
- The Government have recently made reforms to special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) within the Children and Families Act 2014. This includes a new SEND Code of Practice.
- Local authorities must now publish a ‘Local Offer’, setting out in one place information about provision they expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
- Link to Newham’s Local offer
Our School Offer – What we do at Rosetta.
- This is what we do at Rosetta for our children with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities.
About us: Inclusion Team
Inclusion Manager, Acting SENDCo and Autism/Scerts Lead Teacher: Lorrain Smee
School Based Social Worker: Jane Leonard
Family Support Worker: Karen Nicholson
School Counsellor: Melanie Bailey
Community Cohesion Aspect Leader: Alex Poole (also Y4 Leader)
English as an Additional Language Aspect Leader: Sunny Singh (Y6)
Gifted, Able and Talented Aspect Leader: Julie Kendrick - AHT for Teaching and Learning
Looked After Child Designated Teacher: Lorrain Smee
- The Inclusion Team are responsible for the leadership and development of each of their aspect. On-going progress meetings are held with the Inclusion Manager to track pupil progress and to assess the effectiveness of each aspect, to inform future developments.
- After consultation with some of our parents/carers we have tried to list frequently asked questions you as a parent may have, in a clear and jargon free way. If you feel that we have missed something or would like to suggest additions then please see our Inclusion Manager - Lorrain Smee